Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

Final product from last night's baking study break??

Banana Oatmeal and Chia Seed Muffins

They made the best breakfast this morning :)

I had my voice jury/level this morning at 11:44!! It went AWESOME!!! I went into it feeling way more calm and collected than I normally do right before my juries. For a level, you have to have 8 songs prepared, one of which is self-prepared with no help from your voice teacher. You sing for the whole voice faculty and are passed or failed based on your performance. I nailed my first piece, Le Colibri, my french song. I then had to sing my self-prepared, Dolce, Scherza, and it went great too....and then for the dreaded 3rd piece. The faculty picks the last song I sing...so it could have been any of the 6 remaining songs that I had prepared. They chose, Must the Winter Come So Soon by Barber. Needless to say it was my only ENGLISH piece and boy was I relieved when they told me to perform that as my last song. It's definitely not an easy song to sing (the breath support needed is killer) but I breezed through it too! I came out of my jury feeling great!! No matter what the faculty says, I at least know that I performed my best, and whatever critiques I receive will only help me in the long run! Don't worry, I'll let you know the results when I find them out!

On another topic, I've been having a really hard time getting up in the mornings, so unfortunately my mornings have not been starting with  my regular workout routine or a run :-/ Although, I've managed to squeeze in a workout during the day! Can't go without one! Zane and I killed it in a Zumba class this afternoon! Here we are after we worked up a nice sweat!

Squinty eyes hehe it was kind of bright out!
I spent the rest of my afternoon getting a head start on studying for my Theory Final that is this Saturday! What a better way to study than with a big cup of iced coffee right?!


Hope your day is going fabulous! I'm about to head out to a cook out! Happy evening and eats!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment