Sunday, May 6, 2012

Alternative Exercise

I can honestly say that I've come to a point in my life where I've just accepted the fact that I HAVE to exercise to stay healthy! I've never been a huge sports person. I love watching sports and going to games to cheer on the players, but I've never been one to join in a game and I didn't really play many sports as a kid. I'm sure most of that came from my lack of self confidence when it came to being active. I was always worried about what other people thought of me while I was running or if I didn't catch the ball, etc. I like to think I've gotten past that point. Of course I'm still not 100% confident in everything I do athletically, but I can honestly say I enjoy being active now :)

I feel like a different person when I exercise, and I definitely notice a difference in my attitude, energy, and outlook on the days that I don't exercise. Well enough about that! All I really wanted to share was pictures from an awesome hike I had yesterday with two of my friends!

Me, Zane, and Erin
My morning was filled with a ton of studying yesterday, so I didn't have the chance to go running or make it to the gym before my 2 o'clock final. (which by the way, I kicked butt on!) I finished my final and was dying to being outside! It was super sunny and gorgeous so I knew I wanted to either go for a walk or run....but to be honest, I wasn't in a running mood. So.....I called up Zane and Erin and we headed to Cameron Park! I've been several times to study outside here, but have never gotten the chance to check out any of the trails. Zane and I printed out a map of the trails, picked one out, and met Erin at Lover's Leap.


We headed out on the Powder Monkey Trail and just kinda winged it from there!





The overhang of the trees made the trails pretty pleasant, considering it was probably somewhere in the 90's. Regardless, we still got our sweat on!



The hike was so fun, and such a nice change from my typical run around the bear trail or neighborhood, or a trip to the gym. It almost didn't even feel like we were in Waco! I will definitely be hitting up some of the other trails soon!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

-Amy

What alternative workouts do you enjoy?


Do you have a favorite place to trail walk/hike? Out of state is fine! Share away!

No comments:

Post a Comment