Monday, May 28, 2012

ArtsFest 2012

Every year on memorial day weekend, downtown in Fair Park, ArtsFest happens. Mom and I have been to many other local arts shows but I've never been to the one in Fair Park. We decided to check it out yesterday.

We took the Dart train downtown, which conveniently lets you off right at Fair Park!

Here we are, waiting for the train to pick us up!
We ended up walking around and looking at exhibits for about an hour and a half. That's about all we could take. It was SOO hot yesterday!!

One of my favorite sights of Fair Park: The Texas-sized Ferris Wheel :)

Cooling down with a refreshing tropical smoothie!
I've had such a fun time with my mom this weekend! It's been so nice to get to spend so much time with her and at home before I finish up my mini-mester class and then head off to camp for the summer!

Today I'm just sitting around the house, mainly working on my projects that I have left to finish and turn in this week! I can't believe my class is almost over! It went by so fast! TOTALLY WORTH IT, for a 3 hour credit class! DONE :)

Happy Memorial Day to everyone and thanks to everyone that this day is supposed to recognize! We are forever grateful for what you do!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment