Saturday, May 26, 2012

Celebration Time!

Well I've just had the most wonderful weekend already...and it's ONLY Saturday!

Mom and I had a slow morning this morning, made scrambled eggs for breakfast and sipped on coffee until about noon!

We then headed downtown (with Hank too) to check out an art festival she saw in the newspaper...well turned out that you had to pay to get into the festival. ($50 for both of us!!! outrageous if you ask me!) So we ended up not going in. Well, the trip wasn't a total bust. I got a couple shots of downtown and we both enjoyed the gorgeous weather, if even just for a little while!



Hank sun-roofing it up!
Since the art fest was a bust, we went to the mall to do what girls to best, SHOP! I found a new swimsuit for summer and both mom and I bought new dresses! I knew she'd need one for her surprise tonight!

So like I said here, Mom's birthday is next week, but I surprised her tonight by taking her out to dinner!! She knew all day that we had plans tonight and that she was going to need to dress up for it, but she had no idea where we were going. We came home after shopping and got all spiffy-ed up and hopped in the car! I drove, of course, and headed to dinner. By the time I turned on the street where the restaurant was, she totally knew, but boy was she surprised!!! SUCCESS!! Wanna see some pics from our dinner? Of course you do!


The atmosphere was wonderful and the service was fantastic!! Doesn't my mom look beautiful?!

The birthday girl!



Our delicious appetizer!


Mom's dinner: (soft shell crab, her fav)


My dinner: (The Cafe Pacific Sampler; salmon and spinach, sea bass on top of corn risotto, and almond crusted pan-fried sole on top of green beans with new potatoes!)


Mom's birthday treat:


I was so impressed by the service and the friendliness of the wait staff! Our food was literally perfection! I couldn't have asked for a better place to spoil my mom for her birthday!! You should totally check this place out for a special occasion meal in Dallas!

After dinner we drove down the road a little bit to take a mini-photo shoot in one of mom's favorite parks in dallas, Turtle Creek.




I just LOVE birthdays! They are my favorite holiday for sure! There is just nothing like celebrating the life of someone you love. My mom is amazing! She is the most beautiful woman (inside and out) that I know and the strongest. She's always my shoulder to lean on and I'm so blessed to have not only such an amazing role model but a best friend in my mom :) She definitely deserves way more spoiling than I'm ever able to give her! Love you mom and Happy (early) Birthday!!

-Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment