Thursday, May 26, 2011

sweet treat.

Okay so a small break from the "randoms". My new favorite breakfast. The best things about it? You make it the night before, it's tasty, and SUPER healthy for you! Overnight Oats. Another awesome recipe from Fit Foodie Finds.

 I layered fresh strawberry slices in between my oats and sprinkled unsalted sunflower seeds on each layer for some added crunch. mmm mmm mmm delish!
RECIPE:

1/4 C rolled oats
1/4 C oat bran
1 T Chia Seeds
*1/2 t cinnamon
*1/2 t vanilla
1/2 C water
1/2 C milk

*amount doubled from orig. recipe. More flavor :)

1. mix dry ingredients together first, then add wet ingredients and stir
2. pour into a tall glass and place in refridge over night
3. I layer my fruit of choice in between the oats in the morning, so essentially I use 2 glasses when it's all said and done :)
4. lastly, spoon and enjoy!!

The strawberries were delicious, but I think my fav combo is oats, fresh bloobs (blueberries?? hehe), and sunflower seeds.

bon appetite,
Amy

what's your fav breakfast?
have you ever had overnight oats before? lemme know how you like them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment