Thursday, April 19, 2012

Singing Marathon!

Phew!! I feel like I have been singing non stop lately....and it's probably because I have been! Last Friday I had a concert with Bella Voce (the select women's ensemble here at Baylor). We sang a full concert and shared a little bit of the stage with A Cappella, another ensemble :) Mom came in early before my call time so we had plenty of time to go enjoy dinner before I had to get ready for the concert!


We tried out a new sushi restaurant, Wako Roll! It was a major hit! I've always been an adventurous eater...I'll at least try something before I decide if I like it or not! I haven't ever actually had REAL sushi and I usually just order california rolls or a roll that has cooked crab or shrimp, but this time I decided to be brave. I ordered a "French Kiss Roll" (the one on the far right) and was so surprised at how much I enjoyed it! It had avocado, crab, salmon (this was the raw stuff), wrapped in seaweed and rice, and topped with Masago...fish eggs I believe. Those had no flavor, so you couldn't really even tell they were there. From dinner I went to perform!


Don't we look so stylin' in our Baylor Choir Dresses?! :) We performed so well. I am so proud to say that I am a member of this incredible ensemble!

Then on Saturday, Bella Voce headed out of town on tour. We drove up to Plano and performed for St. Andrew United Methodist Church on Saturday night and at 2 services on Sunday morning!

Excited, at the beginning of tour!

Mom and friends came to listen to us sing at the Saturday
night performance :)


the sanctuary we sang in Sunday morning!



The wonderfully amazing couple we stayed with on Saturday night
from the church! Best homestay house ever!


Presenting: Bella Voce 2012, with Dr. Gackle smack dab in the middle <3


We got back from tour on Sunday evening and this week has been another marathon of singing. With juries coming up in less than 2 weeks I've been practicing like crazy and Tuesday night Concert Choir had a concert (the 2nd ensemble of 3 that I sing in). We sang the Rutter Requiem and Ave Verum by Mozart. I'll try to post some links when I get them so you can enjoy the music we made! I thought we sounded glorious and was so pleased with how it went. Kev and his fam even came in for it!


So here I am enjoying my day off (it's a university holiday), probably being the last real mental break I'll get before the school year comes to a close! Hope all is well with you!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment