Monday, April 9, 2012

Bestie Adventures.

I'd just like to start off this post saying how AWESOME my bestie is! I just had such a fun day with her!

We woke up this morning around 8 and went on a run around my hometown's neighborhood. I have no idea how far we ran but MAN was it foggy! We came back home and ate the rest of my oatmeal bake from yesterday, which by the way was a HUGE hit with my mom and was just as delicious the second go-round! I will definitely be making it again soon/trying out another oatmeal bake recipe!

 I can't remember if I shared a picture of this or not, but here's
another, just in case!


After filling our tummies and getting ready for the day, we headed to Plato's Closet. If you haven't heard of it, it's a resale shop in the metroplex that buys your used clothes from you and gives you cash for what they take. I had a ton of clothes from the past year that I don't fit into anymore, so we sold them away. I made a whopping $93!!! Score! I also found some jeans and a black dress skirt there that I've been looking for for a while! Double score!

From there we headed to Northpark Mall to hit up H&M where we were both extremely successful! Solange found some highwaisted wide-leg linen pants that look amazing on her and a super cute cardigan with elbow patches! Have I mentioned how much I love elbow patches?!? Which reminds me...I'm dying to give this DIY a try some time:


Super cute right?
I found an awesome LBD, a lace skirt, some coral colored linen shorts, a new pair of sunglasses, and of course necklaces to add to my collection!

By this time, we were starving so I drove us to Zoe's Kitchen for lunch:

Zoe's makes their own hummus and I LOVE it! The
pita served with it comes out warm :)

We both ordered these delicious spinach chicken
wraps!

Then we perused around Whole Foods, for probably about an hour! Waco doesn't have one, so we took our sweet time taking it all in :)



look at the digitized price labels!

these cracked me up! On-the-go CHIA!

 Here's what I came out with:

Kale Chips, 2 fruit leathers, 2 almond butter samplers,
walnut butter, and all natural peanut spread.

 From there we went home and took a much needed cat nap and then treated ourselves to ice cream before we hit the road again to head back to Waco.

My humongo ice cream sundae, which by
the way, was my first ice cream since I
gave it up for lent. SO GOOD!


My "case of the Mondays" was fantastic! Here's to a good and productive week. fingers crossed!

-Amy

1 comment: