Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

For most of the weekend I've been in Waco. Baylor's classes let out Thursday afternoon and campus quickly emptied out, everyone headed home to their families for Easter. I love how Baylor gives us both the Friday and the Monday off of classes for Easter Weekend. I, however, chose to stay in Waco for most of the weekend to participate in my church's Holy Week Services and celebrate Easter at St. Alban's. I am so extremely blessed to have such an incredible church family away from home. I couldn't think of a better way to spend Easter morning. Most of the beginning of the weekend was filled with some much needed "catch-ups", i.e. laundry, cleaning, organizing, practicing...and sleeping ;) A couple of my friends stayed in town as well, so we kept each other company, went out for lunch, got pedi's, and dyed Easter eggs! Easter Morning (this morning) was glorious! I woke up super early, to my surprise, to throw together a new recipe! Okay, let's be honest...I was so excited to try it out that I could barely sleep...had multiple nightmares about it not working out...but long story short it was super easy to throw together and pop into the oven while I got ready for church. I sang at both my church services this morning, and they were equally enjoyable. So much JOY!  After church I picked up the bestie and we road tripped up to Dallas to spend the rest of Easter with my mom and brobie. Mom made a delicious Easter dinner: ham, mac n cheese, asparagus, deviled eggs, bread....and my first dessert since the beginning of Lent! and gosh was it good!! I know, I know, you want pics. OK!

LUNCH OUT WITH FRIENDS

DYEING EGGS

SUPER PROUD OF MY TIE DYEING TECHNIQUE!

EASTER DRESS

PEDI DESTRESSING :)

Every year the children at St. Alban's bury the "Alleluia" banner...
on Easter morning they dig it up and process it into the church
at the beginning of the service, ringing bells. 

Strawberry Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Bake
it was a hit at our choir breakfast!


Easter Dinner Table

John slicing his homemade bread!

Easter Flowers :)
Tomorrow, Solange and I have a full day planned. Starting off the day with a run, food, shopping, food, and more shopping :)

I hope your Easter has been as full of love and joy and blessings as mine has!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment