Pros to snacking:
1. Keeps my energy going throughout the day
2. Keeps my metabolism up as well
3. Overall, puts me in a better mood
In order to help with #2 on my summer goals list, I've decided I need to go to camp prepared. I need to bring healthy snacks that I can keep in my cabin and stash in my backpack during the day so that when I get hungry or when everyone else is snacking on something else, I'll have a healthy option for myself that I'll feel good about! I headed to Sprouts today to start a stash for the summer.
Here's what I came out with:
- clif bars (5 different flavors to mix it up)
- single serving almond butter to eat on a slice of bread, with a banana, or an apple
- natural "everything" trail mix from the bulk section at Sprouts (only 140 calories per serving!)
- jar of chia seeds to put in yogurt and in my oatmeal
- (not pictured: kashi cinnamon cereal for an alternate breakfast option and almond crisp crackers)
Here's to a healthy summer y'all!
What healthy snacks to you eat?